Monday, October 22, 2007

Pajutan-Tanyag Wedding (October 20, 2007)

Don't I just love morning weddings? Yes I do. I myself was a morning wedding.

Lanie, the bride booked with us January of this year. I didn't even met her! We were only corresponding through email. At first, I thought, she was an overseas bride, but no, she is just from Laguna...can't even be called out-of-town cause it's very near Manila. But I was just suprised with the full trust and confidence she extended to me and my team. After corresponding with one or two emails, she was then requesting for a copy of our service agreement and asking for our bank account already. She booked us on the premise of referrals from weddingsatwork.com.

From then on, our main point of communication is text messages and emails. I felt that she's a very hands-on bride, knowing exactly what she wants. She had frets with her few concerns with the reception and music but she was able to manage it with my advise to just let go and move on. These were all during the preparations. She was then very organized as well. When we finally met about 2 months before the wedding, she had things kept in an envelope which she handed over to me. All photocopies of contracts from suppliers were there. From there I knew, that she had high expectations on how the day should go on their wedding day.

We arrived in Vivere Suite at 6am. She's about to go out of the room to grab her breakfast from the hotel. She just pointed us to the materials and I let her go. We then took care of checking the church and reception materials. Everything was labeled. What an easy task for us! When she went back, she was then ready for her make-up. Things were running smoothly until I already left to go to Palms and dropped my reception coordinators there and proceeded to the church afterwhich.

When I arrived in the church, the personnel was opening all the doors of the church keeping in his mind that their reservation was without airconditioning. I immediately approached the guy and cleared up with him. You see, the girl is so good in negotiation...hehehe, was able to pull things off for a parishioner rate, even if she's not in St. James Alabang for an airconditioned church. Talking about connections.

We started late actually cause entourage were still very few at 10am. We almost started around 10:15am. In the car, Lanie kept telling my coordinator, Sherlou that she wouldn't cry on her bridal march. But when the doors where opened for her, she can't barely walk...Tears were already falling on her cheers. On the other hand, I was stationed in the altar with the groom, Ninoy. Doors were still closed but there were tears ready to fall already under Ninoy's eyes. Those were captured in pictures by Nelwin Uy. And when the doors opened, Ninoy was like a little boy who was grabbed off of a candy by his playmate, read as "hagul-gul." Oh, I almost cried myself. You see, I really get emotional on this part. My own bridal march was a mess. I was literally crying, again read as "hagul-gul" when I was walking. Ninoy said to me, "I want to see my bride!" Cause the aisle was practically occupied by the photographers and videographers taking good shot of Lanie. I had to go to their area and asked them to make a small opening so that Ninoy can see Lanie walked down the aisle. When they finally met in the altar, it was a wonderful sight to see. Emotions were overflowing.

Since we started a bit late, homily were actually cut. Good thing, the officiating priest was their good friend so he just used the time after communion to tell some words for the couple. In fact, we covered eveything for the picture-taking so we finished on time as well. I can attest that their family and friends were all not camera-shy. A lot of their friends snagged pictures with them.

In the reception, everyone enjoyed a treat of photo magnet by Konsepto as their souvenirs upon entrance. Beautiful music were rendered by Anima Choir and Melissa Ferrer-Litao hosted the event. Oh, the couple's kissing game was a hit to the guests. There were lots of prizes in store for everyone. Stickers were put under the table/chairs and whoever catched it will win a prize. Of course, everyone also enjoyed the very delicious lunch prepared by Palms Country Club. This is one of my favorite venues, cause food was really so yummy! And my favorite, the locally made ice-cream, Arce Dairy Ice Cream was treat for dessert.

The day after, I received this text from Lanie...
"Hi girl! Wasn't able to thank u and ur team enough for making our
wedding perfect. Our guests were all raving how well coordinated it
was. U and ur team really made us feel special. Thank you, thank
you. I'll surely miss our kulitan sa text. :-) Again, our heartful
gratitude. - Ninoy and Lanie"


This is again an award that is PRICELESS!

Lanie and Ninoy, we are also very grateful to be part of your most important day of your lives...we are with you in praying for a blissful married life...

No comments: